Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover plans dinner to honor police chief
Giaccone went on medical leave mid-February after suffering a stroke. He did not return to work and instead retired from the position he held for the past 18 years last month, said Town Manager Julia Griffin.
A nationwide search for his replacement has just begun, Griffin said. The town hopes to bring on a new police chief by February or March.
“It’s always a daunting task replacing department head-level positions,” Griffin said, “But clearly when you have someone that has Nick’s breadth of knowledge and experience,” the task is even harder.
“Fortunately he’s still very accessible,” she said.
The dinner is planned for Saturday, Dec. 14, at 6 p.m. at the Class of ’53 Commons on the Dartmouth College Campus.
More information about the dinner can be found on the town website, Griffin said, at hanovernh.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'