Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover plans dinner to honor police chief
Giaccone went on medical leave mid-February after suffering a stroke. He did not return to work and instead retired from the position he held for the past 18 years last month, said Town Manager Julia Griffin.
A nationwide search for his replacement has just begun, Griffin said. The town hopes to bring on a new police chief by February or March.
“It’s always a daunting task replacing department head-level positions,” Griffin said, “But clearly when you have someone that has Nick’s breadth of knowledge and experience,” the task is even harder.
“Fortunately he’s still very accessible,” she said.
The dinner is planned for Saturday, Dec. 14, at 6 p.m. at the Class of ’53 Commons on the Dartmouth College Campus.
More information about the dinner can be found on the town website, Griffin said, at hanovernh.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson