Seacoast colleges sign ‘co-location’ agreement for students
The one in Portsmouth will allow students to take up to 90 credits with Great Bay and then transfer for their last year into Granite State. But during that last year they will still take classes at the Great Bay campus thanks to the co-location agreement.
An analysis is currently underway to determine more program matches between the two colleges.
“We always encourage continuing education for our students graduating from the nursing program. We are familiar with the aspects of what an advanced career brings and what the career demands,” McCurley said.
“The only way to do that is collaboration and cooperation,” Leach said.
For now, Granite State will house an academic adviser on the second floor of Great Bay’s campus, and classes will be taught on the GBCC campus around the existing schedule.Will Arvelo, president of GBCC, said they are involved in many different initiatives involving collaboration with the community.
During the celebration, GSC presented a $30,000 check to GBCC for 15 student scholarships.
Granite State College has nine other campuses around New Hampshire, including another one on Pease International Tradeport, down the street from GBCC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches