Seacoast colleges sign ‘co-location’ agreement for students
The one in Portsmouth will allow students to take up to 90 credits with Great Bay and then transfer for their last year into Granite State. But during that last year they will still take classes at the Great Bay campus thanks to the co-location agreement.
An analysis is currently underway to determine more program matches between the two colleges.
“We always encourage continuing education for our students graduating from the nursing program. We are familiar with the aspects of what an advanced career brings and what the career demands,” McCurley said.
“The only way to do that is collaboration and cooperation,” Leach said.
For now, Granite State will house an academic adviser on the second floor of Great Bay’s campus, and classes will be taught on the GBCC campus around the existing schedule.Will Arvelo, president of GBCC, said they are involved in many different initiatives involving collaboration with the community.
During the celebration, GSC presented a $30,000 check to GBCC for 15 student scholarships.
Granite State College has nine other campuses around New Hampshire, including another one on Pease International Tradeport, down the street from GBCC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Yanks' pitcher could have used AG's help - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: '3-G' may go, but 'Memories 2' is coming - 1
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson