Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Methuen man sought for attempted murder, kidnapping
Multiple arrest warrants have been issued for Walton F. Valentin for attempted second-degree murder, second-degree assault, kidnapping with injury, criminal threatening, violation of a protective order, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Police warn Valentin may be armed and should be considered dangerous. In addition to the latest charges, there are numerous active warrants out of Massachusetts.
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance with a man armed with a gun at Park View Inn, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Valentin fled before police arrived by allegedly stealing the victim's mini-van, according to Patten. Police found a woman suffering from a number of severe head injuries at the inn.
"The victim stated that the incident started in Lawrence when the male suspect jumped into her car and held a gun to her stomach," said Patten. Valentin allegedly threatened to kill the woman's family in the Dominican Republic.
Valentin allegedly choked the woman and hit her over the head repeatedly with the gun and she lost consciousness. When she came around, she called police. She was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center for her injuries.
The stolen van was later recovered in Andover, Mass., according to Patten, who said his department is working closely with police in Lawrence, Mass., and Methuen to find Valentin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth