Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Methuen man sought for attempted murder, kidnapping
Multiple arrest warrants have been issued for Walton F. Valentin for attempted second-degree murder, second-degree assault, kidnapping with injury, criminal threatening, violation of a protective order, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Police warn Valentin may be armed and should be considered dangerous. In addition to the latest charges, there are numerous active warrants out of Massachusetts.
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance with a man armed with a gun at Park View Inn, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Valentin fled before police arrived by allegedly stealing the victim's mini-van, according to Patten. Police found a woman suffering from a number of severe head injuries at the inn.
"The victim stated that the incident started in Lawrence when the male suspect jumped into her car and held a gun to her stomach," said Patten. Valentin allegedly threatened to kill the woman's family in the Dominican Republic.
Valentin allegedly choked the woman and hit her over the head repeatedly with the gun and she lost consciousness. When she came around, she called police. She was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center for her injuries.
The stolen van was later recovered in Andover, Mass., according to Patten, who said his department is working closely with police in Lawrence, Mass., and Methuen to find Valentin.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917