Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Salem man arrested for domestic assault with caulking gun
Thomas Dye, who was out on bail for a prior domestic assault in August, faces two counts of simple assault and one of resisting arrest for the incident.
Shortly before 2 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to Bailey Road for a domestic disturbance call, according to Deputy Chief Shawn Patten, where they found a 56-year-old woman who had been struck on the top of her head with a caulking gun and needed medical treatment.
When police arrived, Patten said Dye had locked himself inside the home and refused to leave.
"He screamed at the officers that they would have to kill him," said Patten. "One of the officers was able to look into the kitchen window and saw the suspect bleeding profusely from both wrists. (Dye) was bleeding so badly the officers decided they had to enter the residence or he may bleed out."
Once inside, Patten said officers had to taser Dye twice, but that Dye continued to violently struggle until several officers were able to get him into custody on the kitchen floor.
"Due to all the blood, it was extremely difficult to get him into custody," said Patten. "The suspect continued to struggle even after being cuffed and put on a stretcher. The suspect was extremely intoxicated and his wrist wounds required numerous staples to close."
Dye is being held at Rock County jail pending arraignment.
Patten said several police officers were treated for significant blood exposure and that numerous clothing articles and equipment were ruined as a result of the bloody encounter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483