Veterans invited to put their stories on film
Dan Marcek of Brookline is the founder of Vetflix, a nonprofit company dedicated to recording interviews with those who have served. His is an ambitious goal.
Indeed, Flannery, who died in 2011, inspired the idea that became Vetflix: "To capture and focus on the veteran's story."
And in honor of Veterans Day, two films compiled from those interviews will be previewed at the New Hampshire Veterans Home in Tilton this Thursday.
"The World War II guys, they've been silent for a long time," Hemeon said. "But we don't have much time left to get their stories."
"It means a lot to them to not be forgotten. And on Veterans Day more than any other day, they should not be forgotten for everything that they've given to their country."
While there's time pressure to capture the stories of the oldest veterans while he can, Marcek also interviews those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
One grateful relative is Michele Thomas of Mont Vernon; Vetflix interviewed her dad, Leo Thomas of Rindge, several months before his death last January.
For more: www.vetflix.org.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Wounded veterans undertake rituals and 'soul care' - 0
- Thank a veteran on Saturday at Holderness barbecue - 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 3
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 4
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'