Veterans invited to put their stories on film
Dan Marcek of Brookline is the founder of Vetflix, a nonprofit company dedicated to recording interviews with those who have served. His is an ambitious goal.
Indeed, Flannery, who died in 2011, inspired the idea that became Vetflix: "To capture and focus on the veteran's story."
And in honor of Veterans Day, two films compiled from those interviews will be previewed at the New Hampshire Veterans Home in Tilton this Thursday.
"The World War II guys, they've been silent for a long time," Hemeon said. "But we don't have much time left to get their stories."
"It means a lot to them to not be forgotten. And on Veterans Day more than any other day, they should not be forgotten for everything that they've given to their country."
While there's time pressure to capture the stories of the oldest veterans while he can, Marcek also interviews those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
One grateful relative is Michele Thomas of Mont Vernon; Vetflix interviewed her dad, Leo Thomas of Rindge, several months before his death last January.
For more: www.vetflix.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
- Lebanon College announces cancelation of fall classes - 0
- Robot 'Joe' will be student's eyes, ears in Bow fifth-grader's classroom - 2
- SNHU, NHIA set to merge, public still concerned - 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist