Veterans invited to put their stories on film
Dan Marcek of Brookline is the founder of Vetflix, a nonprofit company dedicated to recording interviews with those who have served. His is an ambitious goal.
Indeed, Flannery, who died in 2011, inspired the idea that became Vetflix: "To capture and focus on the veteran's story."
And in honor of Veterans Day, two films compiled from those interviews will be previewed at the New Hampshire Veterans Home in Tilton this Thursday.
"The World War II guys, they've been silent for a long time," Hemeon said. "But we don't have much time left to get their stories."
"It means a lot to them to not be forgotten. And on Veterans Day more than any other day, they should not be forgotten for everything that they've given to their country."
While there's time pressure to capture the stories of the oldest veterans while he can, Marcek also interviews those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
One grateful relative is Michele Thomas of Mont Vernon; Vetflix interviewed her dad, Leo Thomas of Rindge, several months before his death last January.
For more: www.vetflix.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 8
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate