Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Hampton man faces gun charges in N.J.
Matthew Crisafi, 38, of Hampton, the owner of a small trucking firm, is accused in an indictment handed up by a New Jersey federal grand jury of using a website that specialized in illegal sales activity to offer guns for sale.
The indictment alleges Crisafi sold $11,000 worth of weapons to an undercover officer, including semi-automatic rifles and handguns.
The transactions allegedly were made using bitcoins, an Internet-based currency that allows users to conceal their identities.
The guns were delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, the Justice Department said, and were intended to be sent to locations outside of the United States.
Crisafi was arrested Friday in Hampton by federal customs and Homeland Security agents and charged with smuggling firearms, unlicensed sale of firearms and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
He will be arraigned in federal court in Newark.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917