Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hampton man faces gun charges in N.J.
Matthew Crisafi, 38, of Hampton, the owner of a small trucking firm, is accused in an indictment handed up by a New Jersey federal grand jury of using a website that specialized in illegal sales activity to offer guns for sale.
The indictment alleges Crisafi sold $11,000 worth of weapons to an undercover officer, including semi-automatic rifles and handguns.
The transactions allegedly were made using bitcoins, an Internet-based currency that allows users to conceal their identities.
The guns were delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, the Justice Department said, and were intended to be sent to locations outside of the United States.
Crisafi was arrested Friday in Hampton by federal customs and Homeland Security agents and charged with smuggling firearms, unlicensed sale of firearms and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
He will be arraigned in federal court in Newark.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council