Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hampton man faces gun charges in N.J.
Matthew Crisafi, 38, of Hampton, the owner of a small trucking firm, is accused in an indictment handed up by a New Jersey federal grand jury of using a website that specialized in illegal sales activity to offer guns for sale.
The indictment alleges Crisafi sold $11,000 worth of weapons to an undercover officer, including semi-automatic rifles and handguns.
The transactions allegedly were made using bitcoins, an Internet-based currency that allows users to conceal their identities.
The guns were delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, the Justice Department said, and were intended to be sent to locations outside of the United States.
Crisafi was arrested Friday in Hampton by federal customs and Homeland Security agents and charged with smuggling firearms, unlicensed sale of firearms and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
He will be arraigned in federal court in Newark.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief