Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hampton man faces gun charges in N.J.
Matthew Crisafi, 38, of Hampton, the owner of a small trucking firm, is accused in an indictment handed up by a New Jersey federal grand jury of using a website that specialized in illegal sales activity to offer guns for sale.
The indictment alleges Crisafi sold $11,000 worth of weapons to an undercover officer, including semi-automatic rifles and handguns.
The transactions allegedly were made using bitcoins, an Internet-based currency that allows users to conceal their identities.
The guns were delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, the Justice Department said, and were intended to be sent to locations outside of the United States.
Crisafi was arrested Friday in Hampton by federal customs and Homeland Security agents and charged with smuggling firearms, unlicensed sale of firearms and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
He will be arraigned in federal court in Newark.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus