Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Two men charged after purse snatching victim and boyfriend fight back
"I was hanging out the side of the door trying to get my purse back, and he (the driver) started punching me in the head," said LeClair, a petite woman who speaks softly. "I kept screaming, 'Give it back! Give it back!'"
LeClair and Hardy were walking together when they stopped to talk to a friend. LeClair said she noticed a silver van pass by, turn around and head back toward them. She said a man jumped out of the van and grabbed her lime green leather purse.
So when the man snatched her purse, she didn't hesitate. Neither did Hardy, who ran to the driver's side of the van, but the door was locked. He tried unsuccessfully to break the window with his elbow, but then went to help LeClair when he saw the driver punching her.
LeClair said she was hanging out the door when the driver pulled away and the door hit a street sign. The door bounced back and hit her in the ankle and knocked both her and Hardy to the ground. Hardy said he got a cut on a foot.
Two Manchester police officers were about a block away working a construction detail at Pine and Chestnut streets when they heard the commotion.
Officer Stephen Flynn saw the van leaving and called in a description of it to headquarters.
Patrol Officer Tyler Shaw spotted the van at Bridge and Chestnut streets and stopped it.
Valentine is charged with robbery, conduct after an accident and reckless conduct. Lemite is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917