Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Two men charged after purse snatching victim and boyfriend fight back
"I was hanging out the side of the door trying to get my purse back, and he (the driver) started punching me in the head," said LeClair, a petite woman who speaks softly. "I kept screaming, 'Give it back! Give it back!'"
LeClair and Hardy were walking together when they stopped to talk to a friend. LeClair said she noticed a silver van pass by, turn around and head back toward them. She said a man jumped out of the van and grabbed her lime green leather purse.
So when the man snatched her purse, she didn't hesitate. Neither did Hardy, who ran to the driver's side of the van, but the door was locked. He tried unsuccessfully to break the window with his elbow, but then went to help LeClair when he saw the driver punching her.
LeClair said she was hanging out the door when the driver pulled away and the door hit a street sign. The door bounced back and hit her in the ankle and knocked both her and Hardy to the ground. Hardy said he got a cut on a foot.
Two Manchester police officers were about a block away working a construction detail at Pine and Chestnut streets when they heard the commotion.
Officer Stephen Flynn saw the van leaving and called in a description of it to headquarters.
Patrol Officer Tyler Shaw spotted the van at Bridge and Chestnut streets and stopped it.
Valentine is charged with robbery, conduct after an accident and reckless conduct. Lemite is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483