Sen. Shaheen honors five NH veterans for their service
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Good Conduct Medal and National Defense Service Medal recipient John Parker and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Vietnam Service Medal and Air Force Outstanding Unit Award recipient Philip Meader and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
James Smith receives his Air Force Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars, United Nations Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Loops, National Defense Service Medals with one Bronze Service Star, Vietnam Service Medal with three Bronze Service Stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with three Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters and Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters from U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., left, and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. (COURTESY)
Philip Meader, John Parker, James Smith, Ronald Lemire and Jim Keefe received their medals at a Nov. 4 ceremony after Shaheen's office helped the recipients secure their long overdue medals for service.
Keefe received the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Help sought to place cemetery wreaths - 0
- Mason man pens book on veterans - 0
- Non-profit receives grant to get veterans on the move - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
- Veterans help build Nashua Habitat home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 3
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 1
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly