Sen. Shaheen honors five NH veterans for their service
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Good Conduct Medal and National Defense Service Medal recipient John Parker and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Vietnam Service Medal and Air Force Outstanding Unit Award recipient Philip Meader and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
James Smith receives his Air Force Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars, United Nations Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Loops, National Defense Service Medals with one Bronze Service Star, Vietnam Service Medal with three Bronze Service Stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with three Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters and Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters from U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., left, and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. (COURTESY)
Philip Meader, John Parker, James Smith, Ronald Lemire and Jim Keefe received their medals at a Nov. 4 ceremony after Shaheen's office helped the recipients secure their long overdue medals for service.
Keefe received the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket