Sen. Shaheen honors five NH veterans for their service
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Good Conduct Medal and National Defense Service Medal recipient John Parker and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Vietnam Service Medal and Air Force Outstanding Unit Award recipient Philip Meader and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
James Smith receives his Air Force Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars, United Nations Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Loops, National Defense Service Medals with one Bronze Service Star, Vietnam Service Medal with three Bronze Service Stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with three Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters and Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters from U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., left, and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. (COURTESY)
Philip Meader, John Parker, James Smith, Ronald Lemire and Jim Keefe received their medals at a Nov. 4 ceremony after Shaheen's office helped the recipients secure their long overdue medals for service.
Keefe received the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 34
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 12
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 28
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 2
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Stergios family has busy racing season - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism