Sen. Shaheen honors five NH veterans for their service
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Bronze Star recipient Jim Keefe, Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard, and Cmdr. David Kenney, Navy Commanding Officer VTU-0109 at the Navy Operational Support Center in Manchester. COURTESY
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Good Conduct Medal and National Defense Service Medal recipient John Parker and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Vietnam Service Medal and Air Force Outstanding Unit Award recipient Philip Meader and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
James Smith receives his Air Force Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars, United Nations Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Loops, National Defense Service Medals with one Bronze Service Star, Vietnam Service Medal with three Bronze Service Stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with three Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters and Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters from U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., left, and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. (COURTESY)
Philip Meader, John Parker, James Smith, Ronald Lemire and Jim Keefe received their medals at a Nov. 4 ceremony after Shaheen's office helped the recipients secure their long overdue medals for service.
Keefe received the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council