Sen. Shaheen honors five NH veterans for their service
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Good Conduct Medal and National Defense Service Medal recipient John Parker and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
From left are U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., Vietnam Service Medal and Air Force Outstanding Unit Award recipient Philip Meader and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard.
James Smith receives his Air Force Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars, United Nations Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Loops, National Defense Service Medals with one Bronze Service Star, Vietnam Service Medal with three Bronze Service Stars, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Air Force Longevity Service Award with three Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters and Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters from U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., left, and Brig. Gen. Carolyn J. Protzmann, Commander of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. (COURTESY)
Philip Meader, John Parker, James Smith, Ronald Lemire and Jim Keefe received their medals at a Nov. 4 ceremony after Shaheen's office helped the recipients secure their long overdue medals for service.
Keefe received the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V."
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
- The distractions: Turning you from Obamacare - 28
- Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH - 31
- Levasseur’s emails: Disclosed at last - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Lives not lost: As long as we remember
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers