Home » News » Public Safety
Father of Abigail Hernandez makes plea for Amber Alert
“Since we are now approaching a month since she went missing I am urging law enforcement to take action, and issue the amber alert,” he wrote. “I strongly feel that it is well past time for law enforcement to use its ‘best judgment’ and make the call.”
But investigators say they are going by New Hampshire’s Amber Alert law, which has strict criteria. One requires that authorities have enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate alert will help.
“We don’t have any piece of evidence describing an individual or a vehicle,” FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said.
“It doesn’t meet the Amber Alert rule at all, we don’t have any direction like that to go in at all,” Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said.
“When a 15-year-old girl goes missing for almost a month with no sign of her, then there is the possibility that she could ‘be at risk for serious bodily harm or death,’” he wrote.
“Our intention has been to replicate an Amber Alert situation as closely as possible, to blanket the message boards, getting signs out, and we have attained a tremendous amount of media attention, almost to what you’d see in an Amber Alert,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name