Home » News » Public Safety
Candia chief's persistence gets couple out of burning home
On Tuesday, flames were shooting from the barn of the Rodiers' home on Depot Road in Candia.
R ay Rodier says he is grateful to the "pushy" police chief who saved Rodier and his wife, Marlene, from a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old barn and a good part of their house.
"He broke in through the front door, and I was in the bathroom downstairs and my wife was upstairs, and he wouldn't let us finish up, he just grabbed us and got us out of there," said Ray Rodier, who served as Candia's animal control officer for 27 years until he retired a few years ago. "The chief was very, very pushy, but in a good way. He is a good guy I tell you, in fact the entire police force is great."
"...I ran to the front door, and I saw smoke coming out, but not as heavy as out back, so I forced my way inside, and helped Ray and Marlene out of the house," McGillen said. "Ray was disoriented so I grabbed him and got them both to a neighbor's house."
"Mike and I grew up together, and he is a great guy. I would give up my right arm for him," Richard said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters