Home » News » Public Safety
Candia chief's persistence gets couple out of burning home
R ay Rodier says he is grateful to the "pushy" police chief who saved Rodier and his wife, Marlene, from a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old barn and a good part of their house.
"He broke in through the front door, and I was in the bathroom downstairs and my wife was upstairs, and he wouldn't let us finish up, he just grabbed us and got us out of there," said Ray Rodier, who served as Candia's animal control officer for 27 years until he retired a few years ago. "The chief was very, very pushy, but in a good way. He is a good guy I tell you, in fact the entire police force is great."
"...I ran to the front door, and I saw smoke coming out, but not as heavy as out back, so I forced my way inside, and helped Ray and Marlene out of the house," McGillen said. "Ray was disoriented so I grabbed him and got them both to a neighbor's house."
"Mike and I grew up together, and he is a great guy. I would give up my right arm for him," Richard said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief