Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Beauchamp to seek recount in Manchester Ward 12 alderman race
According to the official vote tally, released Wednesday, Beauchamp won 503 votes, while Hirschmann won 539.
Beauchamp said he didn't suspect that anything was amiss with his opponent's campaign or the vote count, but that he wanted to be confident in the results. "I'm just going to exercise my right under state statute to have a recount," he said.
Beauchamp was backed by the city Democratic party, while Hirschmann was backed by the Republicans.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too