Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Beauchamp to seek recount in Manchester Ward 12 alderman race
According to the official vote tally, released Wednesday, Beauchamp won 503 votes, while Hirschmann won 539.
Beauchamp said he didn't suspect that anything was amiss with his opponent's campaign or the vote count, but that he wanted to be confident in the results. "I'm just going to exercise my right under state statute to have a recount," he said.
Beauchamp was backed by the city Democratic party, while Hirschmann was backed by the Republicans.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson woman, Nashua man accused of cooking meth - 1
- Hollis citizens speaking out against controversial gas pipeline - 4
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 1
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison