A tough crowd turns out for wind farm meeting in Alexandria
Cherien has met with residents in Alexandria and surrounding towns several times in the past year about Wild Meadows wind farm, which would go on ridgelines visible to Newfound Lake and Cardigan Mountain. Tuesday night, he explained that the $150 million project had been reduced in size and scope to meet the concerns of residents.
Cherien said the project would generate lots of local jobs and benefit area towns substantially — Alexandria would be getting about $400,000 each year from the project. He disputed claims that the project would not help the state.
Concerns about damage to property values and the potential effects of wind towers on the beauty of the region — and on the tourist dollars that go with it — surfaced frequently.Kathy Pendleton of Mountain View Road said the proposal, which would put eight towers in Alexandria and 15 in Danbury, would result in several turbine towers directly in front of her home’s beautiful view.
Resident Bob Piehler agreed. Wind towers “are cute from 50 miles away, but they are not cute if they are a mile away,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 2
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof