Wild Meadows wind farm scaled back
The new proposal, unveiled to Alexandria residents at the selectmen’s meeting Tuesday, includes just 23 turbines, with a 31 percent reduction in the project’s footprint, Cherian said.
It drops Grafton from the project completely because as project managers sought to reduce the size of the project, they found that the ridge line originally targeted in Grafton on Melvin Mountain was less desirable.
If the project goes through as presently designed, the town would receive more than $400,000 each year from the project, which is close to the yearly town budget, Cherian told Alexandria resident.
“Iberdrola appears to say whatever is expedient at the moment,” said Wind Watch’s Nancy Watson.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start