Wild Meadows wind farm scaled back
The new proposal, unveiled to Alexandria residents at the selectmen’s meeting Tuesday, includes just 23 turbines, with a 31 percent reduction in the project’s footprint, Cherian said.
It drops Grafton from the project completely because as project managers sought to reduce the size of the project, they found that the ridge line originally targeted in Grafton on Melvin Mountain was less desirable.
If the project goes through as presently designed, the town would receive more than $400,000 each year from the project, which is close to the yearly town budget, Cherian told Alexandria resident.
“Iberdrola appears to say whatever is expedient at the moment,” said Wind Watch’s Nancy Watson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten