Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform
Reilly took part in a contentious meeting between residents of Alexandria and Iberdrola Renewables, the Spanish wind-power giant that has built the Groton Wind project and is proposing the Wild Meadows wind farm project for the Newfound Lake-Cardigan Mountain area.
Reilly said his bill was tabled by legislators who live in the southern part of the state and "don't know what's going on (in the Lakes Region)."
Reilly's bill comes before the committee again for a vote Tuesday morning. He thinks some of his fellow Science and Technology Committee members may have changed their minds.
Also present at the Alexandria meeting was Sen. Jeanie Forrester, R-Meredith. She is filing legislation that would take a close look at the state's Site Evaluation Committee, which deals with new applications for wind farms and other power-making proposals, such as the Northern Pass project.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run