Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform
Reilly took part in a contentious meeting between residents of Alexandria and Iberdrola Renewables, the Spanish wind-power giant that has built the Groton Wind project and is proposing the Wild Meadows wind farm project for the Newfound Lake-Cardigan Mountain area.
Reilly said his bill was tabled by legislators who live in the southern part of the state and "don't know what's going on (in the Lakes Region)."
Reilly's bill comes before the committee again for a vote Tuesday morning. He thinks some of his fellow Science and Technology Committee members may have changed their minds.
Also present at the Alexandria meeting was Sen. Jeanie Forrester, R-Meredith. She is filing legislation that would take a close look at the state's Site Evaluation Committee, which deals with new applications for wind farms and other power-making proposals, such as the Northern Pass project.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem