Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Domaingue lawyer says decision to set case aside so close to trial 'rare'
The trial was set to begin Nov. 18 with jury selection, but Gordon said the state had no choice but to set aside the charges pending additional investigation.
“If we run out of time and the court is not granting a continuance, our hands are tied. We can’t go forward knowing there’s more to be done,” she said.
“It’s a shame they got to within 30 days of trial to realize they hadn’t done as good a job as they wanted. So they must have their reasons for doing it. Normally, you would expect that before charging someone with a serious felony, one would have a good understanding of the evidence, and they didn’t,” he said.
Ruoff said this case involved an alleged image that was found on a Microsoft SkyDrive Cloud server that anyone could access.
As for the location of the alleged images on a SkyDrive rather than on a personal computer’s hard drive, she said, “I don’t think it matters much where it is (stored). We wouldn’t have brought charges if we hadn’t seen anything.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483