Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
AG's report says protection order against dad who shot son had expired
Muni Savyon, who killed himself after shooting his son to death during a supervised visit at the YWCA in Manchester on Aug. 11.
The seven-page Attorney General's report also shows that the mother of the boy, Becky Ranes, had taken the proper steps after a March 2012 threatening conversation with Savyon, a dedicated Libertarian and Free State activist, over custody of their son.
Ranes filed charges and sought a domestic violence petition. However, Savyon denied making the threat and told authorities he didn't own a gun. Police never searched Savyon's home, which would have required a search warrant.
Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said the mistaken expiration likely played no role in the killing. Authorities weren't able to determine when Savyon acquired his gun, but he probably did so in a private sale, Strelzin said.
But the Savyon extension was not put into the system, he said.
In a statement, the New Hampshire Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence said no one should be able to see a child that the person has threatened to kill.
• YWCA Program Director Katie Schelzel said the organization stopped using metal detectors because staff would not know what to do if a parent showed up with a gun. She said Savyon had been wanded in the past, and the wand went off. He blamed it on metal cans he brought in for his son.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
- Total Votes: 917