Loon Mountain opens for skiing Friday
The resort will be open Saturday and Sunday, closed on Veterans Day, and then will reopen for the season on Friday, Nov. 15.
During the off-season Loon made improvements to the tune of $1.3 million, which included 100 new semi-automated snowmaking hydrants and 29 new high-efficiency low-energy tower guns. Loon also boosted its snowmaking water capacity by over 40 percent by installing two new pumps.
“The new snowmaking hydrants reduce snowmaking startup/shutdown times on key snowmaking trails by 75 percent,” said Kwasnik. “This allows us more flexibility in making snow during short cold-weather windows. In the past, we’d have to wait for a 12-hour window of cold weather to make snow; with these easy-on, easy-off hydrants, our snowmakers can now fire up the guns during a six-hour window.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sochi to Plymouth, curling's the hottest thing on ice - 0
- Rescue Run, Earth Day festivities set for April 26 - 0
- ARLNH names Goffstown man Volunteer of the Year - 0
- Nashua's Lil' Iguana plans Family Fun Day May 3 - 0
- Officer says video of snowmobilers' moose meeting shows what not to do - 10
- Motorcycling Hudson couple sees the world with only the vaguest of itineraries - 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Dover High in Granite State Challenge - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Heading to fish Lake Ontario with an old friend - 0
- Visitors enjoy a little '(Peep)ing' at annual Newport event - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!