Loon Mountain opens for skiing Friday
The resort will be open Saturday and Sunday, closed on Veterans Day, and then will reopen for the season on Friday, Nov. 15.
During the off-season Loon made improvements to the tune of $1.3 million, which included 100 new semi-automated snowmaking hydrants and 29 new high-efficiency low-energy tower guns. Loon also boosted its snowmaking water capacity by over 40 percent by installing two new pumps.
“The new snowmaking hydrants reduce snowmaking startup/shutdown times on key snowmaking trails by 75 percent,” said Kwasnik. “This allows us more flexibility in making snow during short cold-weather windows. In the past, we’d have to wait for a 12-hour window of cold weather to make snow; with these easy-on, easy-off hydrants, our snowmakers can now fire up the guns during a six-hour window.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?