Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Anthem: 22,000 were told their health insurance would be cancelled in NH
Individual and families earning less than 400 percent of the federal poverty level receive federal subsidies through the exchange, based largely on income level.
New Hampshire residents are not alone in receiving the non-renewal or cancellation letters.
Individuals who have tried to compare or buy policies on the exchange have been stymied by the federal website's failures.
Rogers said until the federal website works and begins to communicate with Anthem's system, it is impossible to know.
But Sen. Andy Sanborn, R-Bedford, questioned how the company could not know who applied and who signed up.
"So you're saying in New Hampshire's individual marketplace, enrollment is very difficult," Bradley asked Rogers, who responded "Yes, I think that's fair."
Enrollment for new health care policies opened Oct. 1, but problems with the federal and some state websites have prevented many people from purchasing plans.
The Obama administration's goal is to have the website healthcare.gov fully operational by the end of the month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 2
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain