Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Anthem: 22,000 were told their health insurance would be cancelled in NH
Individual and families earning less than 400 percent of the federal poverty level receive federal subsidies through the exchange, based largely on income level.
New Hampshire residents are not alone in receiving the non-renewal or cancellation letters.
Individuals who have tried to compare or buy policies on the exchange have been stymied by the federal website's failures.
Rogers said until the federal website works and begins to communicate with Anthem's system, it is impossible to know.
But Sen. Andy Sanborn, R-Bedford, questioned how the company could not know who applied and who signed up.
"So you're saying in New Hampshire's individual marketplace, enrollment is very difficult," Bradley asked Rogers, who responded "Yes, I think that's fair."
Enrollment for new health care policies opened Oct. 1, but problems with the federal and some state websites have prevented many people from purchasing plans.
The Obama administration's goal is to have the website healthcare.gov fully operational by the end of the month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 10
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua