Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Anthem: 22,000 were told their health insurance would be cancelled in NH
Individual and families earning less than 400 percent of the federal poverty level receive federal subsidies through the exchange, based largely on income level.
New Hampshire residents are not alone in receiving the non-renewal or cancellation letters.
Individuals who have tried to compare or buy policies on the exchange have been stymied by the federal website's failures.
Rogers said until the federal website works and begins to communicate with Anthem's system, it is impossible to know.
But Sen. Andy Sanborn, R-Bedford, questioned how the company could not know who applied and who signed up.
"So you're saying in New Hampshire's individual marketplace, enrollment is very difficult," Bradley asked Rogers, who responded "Yes, I think that's fair."
Enrollment for new health care policies opened Oct. 1, but problems with the federal and some state websites have prevented many people from purchasing plans.
The Obama administration's goal is to have the website healthcare.gov fully operational by the end of the month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 0
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
- Your Turn, NH -- Suraj K. Budathoki: I am at last happy, for I am at last an American - 1
- Deroy Murdock: How red tape slows one life-saving drug's path to market - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing