Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Anthem: 22,000 were told their health insurance would be cancelled in NH
Individual and families earning less than 400 percent of the federal poverty level receive federal subsidies through the exchange, based largely on income level.
New Hampshire residents are not alone in receiving the non-renewal or cancellation letters.
Individuals who have tried to compare or buy policies on the exchange have been stymied by the federal website's failures.
Rogers said until the federal website works and begins to communicate with Anthem's system, it is impossible to know.
But Sen. Andy Sanborn, R-Bedford, questioned how the company could not know who applied and who signed up.
"So you're saying in New Hampshire's individual marketplace, enrollment is very difficult," Bradley asked Rogers, who responded "Yes, I think that's fair."
Enrollment for new health care policies opened Oct. 1, but problems with the federal and some state websites have prevented many people from purchasing plans.
The Obama administration's goal is to have the website healthcare.gov fully operational by the end of the month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
'He is risen': 'As he said'