Home » News » Public Safety
Father's relative: Abigail Hernandez’s dad ‘heartbroken’ over disappearance of his daughter
A race car from Jeremy Davis Motorsports in Tamworth now displays information about Abigail Hernandez, who has been missingsince Oct. 9. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Ruben Hernandez is an architect who spends half his time at a home in New Hampshire and half his time in his native state of Texas, according to Velasquez, of Houston, who is Ruben Hernandez’s nephew.
“My uncle is so heartbroken right now; there’s no way he can talk about it; he wouldn’t be able to talk about it yet,” Velasquez said on Tuesday.
“Everyone on this side of the family is devastated, too,” he said.
He said Ruben Hernandez has family with homes in Sugarland, Texas, and Houston. He said Abigail and her sister visited their father in Texas as recently as last Christmas.
1,000 tips to FBI
Investigators say they still have no firm direction to follow in the case, but state and federal law enforcement officials are still performing “targeted” investigations based on tips they have received, which now number more than 1,000.
And he agreed with previous statements by Zenya Hernandez about the unlikely possibility that she ran away.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 0
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Exeter skates past Trinity - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules