Home » News » Public Safety
Father's relative: Abigail Hernandez’s dad ‘heartbroken’ over disappearance of his daughter
Ruben Hernandez is an architect who spends half his time at a home in New Hampshire and half his time in his native state of Texas, according to Velasquez, of Houston, who is Ruben Hernandez’s nephew.
“My uncle is so heartbroken right now; there’s no way he can talk about it; he wouldn’t be able to talk about it yet,” Velasquez said on Tuesday.
“Everyone on this side of the family is devastated, too,” he said.
He said Ruben Hernandez has family with homes in Sugarland, Texas, and Houston. He said Abigail and her sister visited their father in Texas as recently as last Christmas.
1,000 tips to FBI
Investigators say they still have no firm direction to follow in the case, but state and federal law enforcement officials are still performing “targeted” investigations based on tips they have received, which now number more than 1,000.
And he agreed with previous statements by Zenya Hernandez about the unlikely possibility that she ran away.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run