Home » News » Public Safety
Father's relative: Abigail Hernandez’s dad ‘heartbroken’ over disappearance of his daughter
A race car from Jeremy Davis Motorsports in Tamworth now displays information about Abigail Hernandez, who has been missingsince Oct. 9. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Ruben Hernandez is an architect who spends half his time at a home in New Hampshire and half his time in his native state of Texas, according to Velasquez, of Houston, who is Ruben Hernandez’s nephew.
“My uncle is so heartbroken right now; there’s no way he can talk about it; he wouldn’t be able to talk about it yet,” Velasquez said on Tuesday.
“Everyone on this side of the family is devastated, too,” he said.
He said Ruben Hernandez has family with homes in Sugarland, Texas, and Houston. He said Abigail and her sister visited their father in Texas as recently as last Christmas.
1,000 tips to FBI
Investigators say they still have no firm direction to follow in the case, but state and federal law enforcement officials are still performing “targeted” investigations based on tips they have received, which now number more than 1,000.
And he agreed with previous statements by Zenya Hernandez about the unlikely possibility that she ran away.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors