Home » News » Public Safety
Police continue to investigate Monday's fatal Rochester accident
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:20 p.m. after a westbound 2005 Ford Ranger pickup, driven by Edward M. Deal, 60, of Rochester, drove off the shoulder before striking trees on the other side of the road in the area of 239 Walnut St. — Route 202A.
Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Ambulance drove Deal to Skyhaven Airport, where he was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, with serious injuries, according to police.
“Whenever there is a single vehicle accident, we usually look to see whether there was a medical condition,” Toussaint said.
On Monday, Walnut Street was closed between Sampson Road and Estes Road due to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales