Home » News » Public Safety
Police continue to investigate Monday's fatal Rochester accident
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:20 p.m. after a westbound 2005 Ford Ranger pickup, driven by Edward M. Deal, 60, of Rochester, drove off the shoulder before striking trees on the other side of the road in the area of 239 Walnut St. — Route 202A.
Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Ambulance drove Deal to Skyhaven Airport, where he was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, with serious injuries, according to police.
“Whenever there is a single vehicle accident, we usually look to see whether there was a medical condition,” Toussaint said.
On Monday, Walnut Street was closed between Sampson Road and Estes Road due to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 9
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents