Home » News » Public Safety
Police continue to investigate Monday's fatal Rochester accident
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:20 p.m. after a westbound 2005 Ford Ranger pickup, driven by Edward M. Deal, 60, of Rochester, drove off the shoulder before striking trees on the other side of the road in the area of 239 Walnut St. — Route 202A.
Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Ambulance drove Deal to Skyhaven Airport, where he was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, with serious injuries, according to police.
“Whenever there is a single vehicle accident, we usually look to see whether there was a medical condition,” Toussaint said.
On Monday, Walnut Street was closed between Sampson Road and Estes Road due to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket