Home » News » Public Safety
Police continue to investigate Monday's fatal Rochester accident
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 1:20 p.m. after a westbound 2005 Ford Ranger pickup, driven by Edward M. Deal, 60, of Rochester, drove off the shoulder before striking trees on the other side of the road in the area of 239 Walnut St. — Route 202A.
Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Ambulance drove Deal to Skyhaven Airport, where he was flown to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, with serious injuries, according to police.
“Whenever there is a single vehicle accident, we usually look to see whether there was a medical condition,” Toussaint said.
On Monday, Walnut Street was closed between Sampson Road and Estes Road due to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 4
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 5
- On being American: A point for reflection - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection