Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Manchester man convicted of threatening to kill Derry judge over child custody ruling
Gregory Gifford, 48, was convicted of three counts of threats to a government official for sending threatening e-mails to Derry police promising to kill Judge Paul Moore. One e-mail said that "Judge Moore is a dead man for kidnapping my son without due process."
The threatening e-mails were sent Oct. 25, 2012, and were followed up with similar messages to Gov. John Lynch's Office of Citizen Services, including one that read, "I am going to start killing people. Ask Judge Moore how many people have to die before I get my due process."
Gifford called the 10th Circuit Court in Derry, and told clerk Brenda Santos, "Put Paul Moore on the (expletive) phone. I will kill Paul Moore. He is a dead (expletive)," according to Agati.
"They haven't proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt," Gifford said. "There is some damaging evidence ... but no evidence I actually had a phone."
Judge Kenneth McHugh ordered that Gifford remain held at the Rockingham County jail while he awaits sentencing. Gifford faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison on each of the charges.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917