Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester man convicted of threatening to kill Derry judge over child custody ruling
Gregory Gifford, 48, was convicted of three counts of threats to a government official for sending threatening e-mails to Derry police promising to kill Judge Paul Moore. One e-mail said that "Judge Moore is a dead man for kidnapping my son without due process."
The threatening e-mails were sent Oct. 25, 2012, and were followed up with similar messages to Gov. John Lynch's Office of Citizen Services, including one that read, "I am going to start killing people. Ask Judge Moore how many people have to die before I get my due process."
Gifford called the 10th Circuit Court in Derry, and told clerk Brenda Santos, "Put Paul Moore on the (expletive) phone. I will kill Paul Moore. He is a dead (expletive)," according to Agati.
"They haven't proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt," Gifford said. "There is some damaging evidence ... but no evidence I actually had a phone."
Judge Kenneth McHugh ordered that Gifford remain held at the Rockingham County jail while he awaits sentencing. Gifford faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison on each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917