Home » News » Public Safety
Strafford house fire that caused $70,000 worth of damage under investigation
Firefighters and police returned to the scene Monday morning to begin investigating with members of the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Whitehouse said this includes two people who were reportedly inside the home when the fire began.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters from Barnstead, Barrington, Candia, Chichester, Epsom, Farmington, Northwood and Nottingham. Firefighters from New Durham provided station coverage, according to Whitehouse.
While firefighters were able to save parts of the house, Whitehouse said the kitchen, living room and an enclosed two-season deck were “gutted.” He added other sections of the house incurred lesser damage from heat and smoke.
Whitehouse said firefighters used chain saws to cut into the roof to vent the fire. He estimated the fire caused between $70,000 and $80,000 worth of damage, but the home is insured.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection