Home » News » Public Safety
Strafford house fire that caused $70,000 worth of damage under investigation
Firefighters and police returned to the scene Monday morning to begin investigating with members of the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Whitehouse said this includes two people who were reportedly inside the home when the fire began.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters from Barnstead, Barrington, Candia, Chichester, Epsom, Farmington, Northwood and Nottingham. Firefighters from New Durham provided station coverage, according to Whitehouse.
While firefighters were able to save parts of the house, Whitehouse said the kitchen, living room and an enclosed two-season deck were “gutted.” He added other sections of the house incurred lesser damage from heat and smoke.
Whitehouse said firefighters used chain saws to cut into the roof to vent the fire. He estimated the fire caused between $70,000 and $80,000 worth of damage, but the home is insured.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads