Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian flown to Maine after hit and run accident in Rochester Tuesday
ROCHESTER – Police are looking for the driver of a car that left the scene after hitting a man on Route 11 Tuesday evening.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 6:45 p.m. after the 44-year-old man was struck by a car on Farmington Road – Route 11 – across from Hagan’s Motor Pool near the Farmington town line.
The man - who suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries - was found lying in a grassy area just off the westbound lane, according to police.
Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Ambulance drove the man to Skyhaven Airport, where he was flown by helicopter to Maine Medical Center in Portland.
Police believe the man had been walking on the right side of the white fog line, close to the grassy shoulder and away from the travel portion of the road.
Police believe he was struck by an older model, full-size, dark-colored pickup truck which was traveling west. As a broken side mirror and directional light were found on the side of the road near the collision site, the truck may have damage to the passenger side, according to police.
Anyone with information can contact the Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7127. Anonymous tips can be made via the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500. All calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. You can also text the Rochester Crimline at Crimes (274637) in the body write TEXT4CASH followed by your tip.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth