Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Milton fire chief hopes voters step up for new station
Last year, a $2.7 million proposal to replace the town’s aging fire station — which is comprised of a 200-year-old horse barn with an addition built in the 1950s — narrowly missed the required three-fifths majority. It was the fourth proposal since 2007 to fail to garner the 60 percent super majority.
While Marique said the town has kept the existing station well-maintained, he believes firefighters have done all they can.
A few years ago, police moved out the building to a new home on Townhouse Road. While this freed up space for firefighters, it did not affect the physical condition of the building.
Additionally, Marique said firefighters must follow strict parking and exiting procedures to ensure the safety of personnel, equipment and the building itself. Despite the precautions, he added accidents have broken some side mirrors and occasionally damaged garage doorways.
For more information, visit http://www.miltonfirestation.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Shrine team girds for Vt.'s ground attack - 0
- On Baseball: Fishers prospects sweat out deadline day - 0
- Goffstown ready for LL regional tourney - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat -- Message is clear: Offense needs boost - 0
- Marina dealers say boat sales are on the rise - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents - 0
- John Stossel: Healthy profits? - 0
- Clinton vs. speech: Bullying first; what next? - 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Your money is being spent by dead people - 0
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Market Basket customers mobilize
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Police held Abby suspect's guns
Punch line: The NFL blows it